This is the introduction of Kiswahili language to beginners. It is designed to enable you develop the ability to communicate with other people in Kiswahili.The primary focus is to develop speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Although all these four skills are considered important, special emphasis is put on developing communicative (speaking) language skills.
RISSEA’s activities include the following:
- Swahili Research and development
- Swahili language and training- It is involved in the short/long term immersions, regional programs involving both international and local clientele.
- Dressmaking and embroidery school
- Woodwork school
- Production unit
- Preparation, documentation and disseminating of Swahili research materials for researchers, students and the public. This can be done through journals, directories and catalogues.
Products and Services
- Research Journal – a collection of research findings- that is aimed to provide reference/authentic information to researchers, scholars, universities, organizations and any other interested body or individuals.
- Kiswahili Language classes- customized for different levels/needs- aimed at helping learners to learn how to speak better in Kiswahili, enrich the vocabulary for beginners as well as provide support to researchers in terms of material and direction.
- Academic programs –short/long courses for university students, school teachers, professional among others.
- Vocational training/woodwork- basic concepts of Swahili art /craft in creating various designs including Swahili, thread work,curvings,joinery, patterns -provides knowledge and skills for self employment-certificate to school levers, any interested individuals
- Resource center and library- A reading/studying, and reference facility, photocopying, internet, scanning, binding –provides quite, ideal environment for reading, studying and research, located away from the noise coming from daily businesses and activities to university students, researchers/scholars.
- RISEEA Hall- classic set up for social gatherings as well as meetings that provides a quiet and peaceful set up ideal for weddings, parties and workshops to the local community and organizations.
- RISSEA conference facilities
- Swahili Furniture- unique Swahili, threadwork, carvings ,joinery that provide Swahili cultural theme-traditional antique-interior decoration ideal for weddings, offices, homes and hotels
- To arrange in every month one free visiting day so that the institution and community can see our. Products and services.
1. Swahili Language (Swahili Basic Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced) 2. Swahili Literature and Performance 3. Swahili History and Identity 4. Anthropology of the Swahili.
Class commences as per schedule Duration per Module Schedule for 2018 Class commences as per schedule Duration per Module
|Monday 8th Jan to 2nd Friday Feb||4 weeks|
|Monday 5th Feb to 2nd Friday March||4 weeks|
|Monday 5th March to Friday 30th March||4 weeks|
|Monday 2nd April to Friday 27th April||4 weeks|
|Monday 30th April to Friday 25th May||4 weeks|
|Monday 28th May to Friday 22nd June||4 weeks|
|Monday 25th June to Friday 20th July||4 weeks|
|Monday 23rd July to Friday 17th Aug||4 weeks|
|Monday 20th Aug to Friday 14th Sept||4 weeks|
|Monday 17th Sept to Friday 12th Oct||4 weeks|
|Monday 15th Oct to Friday 9th Nov||4 weeks|
|Monday 12th Nov to Friday 7th Dec||4 weeks|
|Monday 9th Jan to 17th Friday Feb||6 weeks|
|Monday 20th Feb to 31st Friday March||6 weeks|
|Monday 3rd April to Friday 12th May||6 weeks|
|Monday 15th May to Friday 23rd June||6 weeks|
|Monday 26th June to Friday 4th August||6 weeks|
|Monday 7th August to Friday 15th Sept||6 weeks|
|Monday 18th Sept to Friday 27th Oct||6 weeks|
|Monday 30th Oct to Friday 8th Dec||6 weeks|
|9.00 am to 11.00 am||2.00 pm to 4. 00 pm|
|11.00 am to 1.00 pm||6.00 pm to 8.00 pm|
|ITEM||Amount in US Dollars|
|Tuition fees ,One module per month (4 weeks)||350|
|Intensive One week Course 20 hours||200|
|Private lessons per hour||10|
|Evening Lessons ( 6 weeks)||350|
- Tuition fees ,One module per month (4 weeks) USD350
- Intensive One week Course 20 hours USD200
- Private lessons per hour USD10
- Evening Lessons ( 6 weeks) USD350 Payment can also be made in Kenya shillings.
2. Swahili Literature and Performance
3. Swahili History and Identity
4. Anthropology of the Swahili..